Saturday, May 1, 2010

1st round qualifying

First round is in the books, and things have started well! After a very close battle with Mike Swauger in my heat, I ended up with T.Q. for round one. Not a bad start for the 966's first run! Mike and I traded the lead several times during the heat, but Mike ran out of fuel on the last lap, leaving me to finish with the only 19 lap run of round one. Jim did a great job in the next heat to currently put him in fourth position behind Steve Rossi.
The car is great, and now that we got a good run in, we are going to get a little more aggressive with the clutch and engine since I had fuel left to spare. We will see how things go in round two which will start in 15 minutes.
I will post pictures of the top 10 in both classes shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment